Carroll Square is home to several exciting restaurants and retailers:
- Le Pain Quotidien believes that community is what nurtures, inspires and feeds the soul. Handmade bread serves as the canvas for myriad organic and seasonal ingredients. They come together to become tartines, the Belgian take on the sandwich. At once simple and elegant, tartines bring taste to the table and delight to the palate.
- The Alden Shoe Company was founded in 1884 by Charles H. Alden in Middleborough, Massachusetts. Alden is now the only original New England shoe and bootmaker remaining of the hundreds who began so long ago. It is still a family owned business, still carrying forward a tradition of quality genuine-welted shoemaking that is exceptional in every way.
- iDoc Optical's style came about when two friends and colleagues who independently had the same vision came together to make their dream a reality. iDoc Optical started on the premise of achieving excellence in all aspects of an eye care practice by combining medicine and the arts and the sciences.
- Their state of the art technology, caring doctors, and wide selection of unique and well-crafted frames help them to achieve that vision.
- The Leica Store Washington DC at Carroll Square was the first Leica Store in North America. They carry the full line of Leica products including sport optics, compact cameras, the Leica M-System, and the truly breathtaking S-System. Education forms the cornerstone of their philosophy, and they are the Mid-Atlantic's hub for Leica Akademie workshops. The gallery is always showcasing the work of truly amazing Leica photographers.
- Stop in and meet with their knowledgeable staff to discuss camera equipment needs or share stories from your own photographic journey. The Leica Store also offers a variety of events including workshops and artist talks.